[ckan-discuss] First post...

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed May 4 15:15:05 BST 2011

On 4 May 2011 01:37, Daniel Smith <opened.to at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> First post here. Please be gentle...

Welcome!

> A few questions at first, please?
>
> 1. I am from the US, and wondered if there were any instances
> underway or in planning from the United States?
> (I went through the list, and at first thought the last one said Open
> Data Alabama, but upon clearer vision, eyes not what they used to, it
> said Albania. That was a joke.)

I don't think you need to boot a new CKAN instance for US stuff, just
use <http://ckan.net/>.

You can always have create a 'group' to list just your datasets (and
can even lock down editing of 'your' data packages). I think this is a
lot simpler approach (and one we already use) than booting up an
entirely new instance. If it turns out an entirely separate instance
is needed you can always migrate data easily later.

[...]