[ckan-discuss] Documentation!

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at okfn.org
Mon May 16 18:39:09 BST 2011

Hi all,

In an attempt to kickstart the improvement of CKAN documentation,
Rufus has (perhaps misguidedly) appointed me "Documentation Czar" (I
prefer Grand Poobah of Description).  I think the idea is that I'm
hereby given some authority to cajole or annoy people into writing
some documentation and putting it in the right place, so watch out all
;)

Rufus has suggested it leans towards the more enterprisey / business
decision / non technical end of the spectrum, and I think I agree.
Our developer-focussed documentation could always be better, but I
think it's pretty good.

Before I get started, does anyone have any opinions or ideas?  Which
audiences should we prioritise?  What kind -- pretty pictures, howtos,
topic guides, white papers, manuals?  Are there specific topics that
should be tackled first?

Thanks,

Seb