[ckan-discuss] How is publicdata.eu website powered

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue May 17 11:23:00 BST 2011

Medhi,

> unfortunately the attributes that I am looking for such as
> the places (spatial) seem to be missing.

The fields in CKAN are flexible. For example, some people have used
their CKAN instances to describe the location of the data by country,
by administrative area, and by lat/long polygon.

Searching by the field is the trickier side of things and requires
something beyond the basic search in core CKAN. We have the beginnings
of rather advanced PostGIS solution. Do ask Adria if that interests
you.

David