[ckan-discuss] How is publicdata.eu website powered

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:48:46 BST 2011

As Friedrich and David pointed out, you pretty much choose what to put
in the package fields (extras).
The ckanext-spatial [1] extension uses bounding box information stored
on the package extras and stores it on a PostGIS enabled table.
You can later perform a simple bounding box API query like:

/api/2/search/package/geo?bbox={minx,miny,maxx,maxy}[&crs={srid}]

to get the packages that intersect.

Do let me know if you are interested in this.

Adrià

[1] https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckanext-spatial