[ckan-discuss] Should we ask researchers for citations or provide guidance on citations?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed May 18 23:59:30 BST 2011

I'm looking at Dataverse for the first time[0]. It seems very popular in the
social sciences. I noticed that there is a recommended citation for each
dataset. For example, [1] is has this one: "Targeted Input Programme (TIP)
2000-01", http://hdl.handle.net/1902.1/SSC-MWI-TIP2000-01-M1 V1 [Version]"

Do people think that citations are important to CKAN? I guess it may be
useful to provide some guidance for academics/researchers who are creating
knowledge.

Tim McNamara  |  @timClicks <http://twitter.com/timClicks>  |
timmcnamara.co.nz

[0] http://thedata.org