[ckan-discuss] 3. Documentation! (Seb Bacon)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon May 23 12:12:57 BST 2011

On 23 May 2011 11:38, Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dan.
>
> It's a vital question to answer: what's the audience(s) we're addressing.
>
> I can think of three important audiences myself, for starters:
>
> * Public bodies who need to procure a data catalog system
> * Data wranglers who want to use a data catalog system to find and
> arrange datasets
> * Software developers who want to collaborate on improving CKAN
>
> Any other thoughts / opinions from anyone?

I think this is absolutely correct Seb.

Related to types of users for documentation is the question of types
of users for CKAN. I've just stubbed a page here with a section on
User Types (Personas) and their wants:

<http://wiki.ckan.net/User_Stories>

Please jump in and add to this (@Seb: I know you especially have been
thinking hard about this).