[ckan-discuss] Storage Extension for CKAN

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue May 24 09:31:12 BST 2011

On 18 May 2011 20:56, Flavio Coelho <fccoelho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the extension!

Glad you like this.

> The documentation however is not clear about how to configure  local
> filesystem storage, instead of Google storage.
> Any clarifications about that would be very  much welcome.

OK. So to configure local file storage you'd replace the ofs arguments in
the config file with:

   ofs.impl = pairtree
   ofs.storage_dir = /my/path/to/storage/root/directory

*However*, at the moment you won't be able to use this storage backend
properly from ckanext-storage because, unlike the other storage options
which provide direct upload interfaces, for local file storage we need to
provide an upload interface directly as part of ckanext-storage (i.e. we
need code to, for example, take a file stream and write it to disk).

Adding this to ckanext-storage would be pretty easy (we have already written
most of this code once as part of a RESTFul web interface for a storage
system based on OFS [1]) and it is something we could look at over the next
week or so (unless you wanted to try youself!).

Rufus

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/pudo/repod/