[ckan-discuss] CKAN suggestions

Augusto Herrmann augusto.herrmann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:50:06 GMT 2011

IMHO, both a controlled vocabulary and flexible folksonomy tags are useful
and can coexist in harmony. As Morville & Rosenfeld put it on their
Information Achitecture book [1], "on some projects, we'll have the
opportunity to bridge the gap, using both tags and taxonomies to connect
users with the content they seek."

In December I shall take some days off work, and a side-project I'm
considering to undertake is building a simple python package, dependant on
RDFLib, to ease the manipulation of SKOS data. That should make it easier
to create a CKAN plugin for a controlled vocabulary that can import from
SKOS.

[1] http://books.google.com/books?id=2d2Ry2hZc2MC&pg=PA80

Cheers,
Augusto Herrmann