[ckan-discuss] Translators needed!

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon Oct 3 16:54:40 BST 2011

On 3 October 2011 15:32, Augusto Herrmann <augusto.herrmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:53 AM, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:
> > Augusto,
> > Great to see this really coming on - lots of nice touches here! It looks
> > like you are well on the way to finishing dados.gov.br.
>
> Thanks to the efforts of all the people who volunteered for it! We
> plan to write about the whole story sometime and perhaps do another
> guest post on the OKFn blog about it.

All sounds great! We'll gladly help with the launch with a guest blog post.
Looking forward to December.

> The portal should launch this December.
>
> >> PS: David, when we are finished with the translation, perhaps we could
> >> upgrade de http://br.ckan.net community instance as well?
> > Of course - no problem. You're on CKAN 1.2 there. We can put you on
> 1.4.3,
> > or 1.5 will be ready in a couple of weeks.
>
> I think we can wait for 1.5. All the data packages and resources can
> be carried over from the 1.2 version, right?

Yes, there are no changes to datasets/resources for 1.5.

> > @Rufus: I tried Augusto's theme with the CKAN 1.5 beta and get an error
> with
> > c.facets being missing. I assume this is to do with the changes you've
> made
> > to the CKAN theme interface, needed for your revamp of the default CKAN
> > theme (with Tom Rees). Can you say something about how the changes will
> > affect all existing themes and whether it is easy to migrate?
> > David
>
> Since we'll launch in December, we are considering upgrading CKAN to
> 1.5 before then. Hopefully, some of the work already done on theming
> 1.4.2 can be used?

I don't think the theming stuff is a massive change - so all your theming
should be usable, but there will probably be some tweaks for 1.5. We're
looking into this now.

> Back on the subject of translations, I was very uncertain as how to
> translate the string "Slug *", devoid of any context. Where does this
> string appear in the CKAN interface? For the moment, I left the pt_BR
> translation as a copy of the "Slug *" english string.

Ah, sorry! It's a bit obscure, but we think it is a good word in the
context. It's the new word for dataset/package 'name' - an ID for the
package. You see it on the 'create a dataset' form. Here's a definition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slug_(web_publishing)

David

Best regards,