[ckan-discuss] Spam on the data hub

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Tue Aug 7 18:18:56 BST 2012

All,

Looks like there was another big spam attack on the Data Hub a couple of days ago. There are some 2000 spam datasets. Look at the revision list, circa pages 16 to 121. Looks like it all happened between August 1 and August 3.

I started cleaning some of it up, but had to give up when I realized just how much it is.

The user names and dataset IDs follow a predictable pattern, so I guess someone with access to the backend could script something to clean this up?

How can this kind of attack be prevented in the future?

Best,
Richard