[ckan-discuss] Looking for bilingual implementations of CKAN

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Tue Dec 11 14:34:24 GMT 2012

Our goal is to have an interface that lets users enter both our
official languages at the same time when creating datasets, groups and
tags (at least).

I can think of some unpleasant ways to do this.  Can you recommend any
good ways?

Storing the second-language versions of text in the term translations
isn't appropriate because I feel that both language versions should
stay with the object being edited.  Whatever we end up with should
also work well with other CKAN sites that want to include our
datasets.  It seems like a difficult problem.

Ian