[ckan-discuss] Install of ckanext-qa fails (and ckanext-archiver as well)

ckan at fwd.at ckan at fwd.at
Sun Feb 19 17:13:59 GMT 2012

Hello,

I've tried to install the CKAN-Extensions QA-Plugin (ckanext-qa) on Ubuntu
10.04 LTS with CKAN 1.5.
Link: https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-qa

This soon fails due to a VersionConflict regarding SQL-Alchemy 0.6.6.
After fixing this by a manual upgrade of SQL-Alchemy to 0.6.6, I get the
following error:
paster qa update --config=/etc/ckan/std/std.ini
 File "/home/johannes/ckanext-qa/ckanext/qa/tasks.py", line 10, in <module>
    from ckanext.archiver.tasks import link_checker, LinkCheckerError
ImportError: No module named archiver.tasks

Am I correct in guessing that I'm missing the CKAN-Extension Archiver Plugin?

I guessed so and tried to install the ckanext-archiver:
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-archiver
1.) Version conflict Jinja 2.4 required, fixed by manual install of
Jinja2-2.6
2.) Error message:
paster archiver update --config=/etc/ckan/std/std.ini
ImportError: No module named celery_app

I searched for the Celery app and found the project celery
(http://github.com/ask/celery/):
However, this doesn't include the Celery app.

Has anybody yet successfully installed the ckanext-qa Plugin and can
provide me with a hint?
Thank you very much & Best regards,
Johannes