[ckan-discuss] Some problems installing ckan

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Feb 22 17:57:32 GMT 2012

On 22 February 2012 15:27, Ruben Martin <ruben.martin at fundacionctic.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the response Rufus

Should we move this to the ckan-dev list? Also if you are able to drop
into IRC (#ckan on freenode) we can probably debug this very quickly
:-)

> We followed the current package installation instructions in the web manual,
> so version is 1.5.1 (and so appears below in the footer of the pages)

Can you point me to exact url of docs you read. I would point that
default manual at http://docs.ckan.org/ is for v1.6! (not v1.5.1 - for
v1.5.1 you need http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.5.1/index.html). I note
that for v1.5.1 you need to install ckanext-storage which I assume you
have.

> Yes, I am logged in when i try to upload a file. But after the selection of
> a file and before i click on the Add button, this message appears:
> "Failed to get credentials for storage upload. Upload cannot proceed"
> Maybe it is trying to connect with Webstore ?

This won't be to do with Webstore. What happens if you visit:

http://{your-ckan-instance}/api/storage/auth/form/xyz

That's the API the upload stuff calls to get permission and
credentials for upload.