[ckan-discuss] CKAN online meetups

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Feb 22 11:35:41 GMT 2012

On 21 February 2012 14:57, Mark Wainwright <mark.wainwright at okfn.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Sorry I have not organised any CKAN online meetups recently - however,
> I hope they will now again become a regular feature. They will be held
> at 5pm UK time every 2 weeks, on Thursdays starting on 15 March.

Great!

> Below is a list of possible subjects. If you would be interested in
> attending an online meetup on any of these subjects, please either
> e-mail me directly, or add your name to the etherpad here:
> <http://ckan.okfnpad.org/meetups>. Let me know if you can't make one
> of the first few suggested dates (15 Mar, 29 Mar, 12 April, 26 April).

That pad is private -- I can't access it :-)

Also please could we add the basic overview (lists of meeetups) etc to
the wiki in the first instance: <http://wiki.ckan.org/Meetups> --
etherpads are great but wikis are much better for long term and
findability etc.

> NB: You are not committing yourself to anything by responding - but it
> would be really helpful to get an idea of interest levels. Of course,
> if you'd like to suggest another subject, feel free!
>
> Catalog Metadata Standard
> DataHub Groups
> Webstore - followup
> Geospatial - followup
> Linked Data - followup
> Quality checking
> CKAN Hosted
> Specific topic areas (if demand)

Great. Please add to the wiki :-) even if dates are TBC.

I'd suggest we do commit to Catalog Metadata for 15th and possibly
Webstore on the 1st (I know that is only next week away but we could
go for it ...).

@James: can you confirm you could make the Catalog Metadata date?

Rufus

> Regards,
>
> Mark Wainwright
>
> --
> Mark Wainwright, CKAN Community Co-ordinator
> Open Knowledge Foundation http://okfn.org/
> Skype: m.wainwright

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation