[ckan-discuss] CKAN Wishlist

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Tue Feb 28 16:05:06 GMT 2012

Hi All,

If I have a wishlist for CKAN - where should I put comments?

1) I'm currently trying to tidy up the OpenSpending group on the DataHub
and it is quite laborious as I have to edit each package individually e.g.
renaming the packages to reflect more accurately what is actually in them.
What would be really nice is to have a Table View of Dataset Metadata which
would give me the overview and be editable also.

Just a thought.

2) In order to clarify where the datasets are currently from, we are
currently forcing metadata into the title e.g.
http://thedatahub.org/dataset/edit/adur_district_spending prexied with UK.
Maybe I am missing something, but is it possible to add geographical
information and sort the contents of your group neatly by it? How to
encourage people to do this so it doesn't become burdensome for one person
always to fill in the missing info?

3) Is it possible to subscribe to a group? I would like to know when
someone adds a new dataset to the group ready to import into OpenSpending
to make sure as much of the req'd info is in there and help me to keep
track of what we have in there.

My 2c.

Lucy

--