[ckan-discuss] Support forum both for CKAN and the DataHub

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Thu Mar 1 16:53:36 GMT 2012

On 3/1/2012 5:47 PM, Sean Hammond wrote:

> One thing that comes to mind - I wonder if CKAN could take part in an
> existing Q&A community instead of hosting our own? Like having a CKAN
> project/tag/category on an existing popular Q&A site. It might bring
> some good exposure for CKAN. Not sure what options are out there...

I know that StackOverflow is not open, but the content is under CC-BY-SA
and it has a thriving community. Plus, the entire StackExchange "suite"
includes Q&A sites for a lot of different domains. It is possible to
require a new site via the "meta" StackExchange, and given certain
results are met in terms of users interested and so on, it will succeed.

I'm not a StackOverflow fanboy, but I think it would help to get out of
a potential ghetto and embrace a wider audience.

Ciao,
steko