[ckan-discuss] New Datasets are not found by search and are not listed under its groups/tags

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:20:41 BST 2012

The plugin should start working for new create/edits. To see the
previously created datasets you will need to rebuild the index with
something similar to:

paster --plugin=ckan --config=<path_to_your_ini_file> search-index rebuild

Adrià

On 3 May 2012 17:08, Christian Willmes <c.willmes at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> Hi Adria,
>
> no, i did not had enabled this plugin before.
> I added it now to the ckan.plugins string and resarted apache
> (configured ckan using wsgi according to the mentionet docs), but the
> datasets are still not found from the webinterface frontend.
> Do I have to install a correspondig synchronous_search extension for that?
>
> And/or can you maybe point me to a documentation on how I can rebuild
> the searchindex?
>
> Tank you very much,
> Christian
>
> [1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21802018/development.ini
>

> On 03.05.2012 17:48, Adrià Mercader wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> Do you have the synchronous_search plugin enabled on your ini file? ie:
>>
>> ckan.plugins = synchronous_search <your_other_plugins>
>>
>> If not, the search index needs to be manually rebuilt to reflect the
>> changes on the DB.
>>

>> Hope this helps,
>>

>> Adrià
>>

>> On 3 May 2012 16:44, Christian Willmes <c.willmes at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i did an install of CKAN from package in an Ubuntu 10.4 VM as described
>>> here [1]. On this systems new added datasets are found immediately after
>>> adding them.
>>> So its an issue with my installation from source...
>>>
>>> Jetty and Solr are running...
>>>
>>> I am happy about any hints (I have uploaded my logfile [2] from the
>>> server, where the datasets are not found by search/group/tag).
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> [1] http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.6/install-from-package.html
>>> [2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21802018/ckan.log

>>> --
>>> Christian Willmes
>>> AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
>>> Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
>>> Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
>>> Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
>>> Fax.: +49 (0)221 470 2280
>>> http://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/gis