[ckan-discuss] CKAN Basic Authentication bug

David Raznick david.raznick at okfn.org
Wed Aug 7 15:06:34 BST 2013

Hello

I think there is a simple way of fixing this.  The issue is than mod_wsgi
adds REMOTE_USER to the environ and our auth will take that and try and
match it to a user.

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-geodatagov/blob/master/deployment/etc/ckan/apache.wsgi#L13

Taking lines 13,14,15,17 from the above and putting at the end of your
apache.wsgi file should stop this from happening.  When posting the CKAN
api you will need to use the  X-CKAN-API-Key header or specify another
header in the config file.

Thanks

David