[ckan-discuss] Can't save customized form fields

Yanning(Yu) Chen cheny18 at rpi.edu
Sat Feb 23 19:57:46 GMT 2013

Hi guys,

I am working on an extension to extend the fields when creating a dataset. I followed the tutorial on "Customizing Forms" and the ckan example extension but things doesn't work really well. The problems are

* When implementing "PackageController", I tried to change the schema by stating schema['title'] = [not_empty,unicode]. However when I submit the forms, the errors reported" [ckan.lib.base]incorrect form fields posted, missing set (['maintainer','name'......'extras'])", which are the fields of the example extension forms. How and where can I configure the schema to ignore the previous fields?

* When I state my custom controller to implement (ckan.plugins.SingletonPlugin), the page does not show up and says the class is "not callable" so I just change the class to be implemented to PackageController . But from what I see in the tutorial, the classes should implement SingletonPlugin. What's the difference?

Thanks a lot
Yu