[ckan-discuss] CKAN and Microsoft SQL Server

Aaron Barkhurst aaron.barkhurst at matricresearch.com
Wed Jan 2 15:11:54 GMT 2013

Hello,

I writing with a question about using CKAN with a Microsoft SQL Server database rather than PostgreSQL. I know CKAN does not "officially" support MS SQL Server out of the box, but does anyone have any experiencing with a CKAN instance using MS SQL Server for the database? If so, is there much, if any, custom code/patch work that needs to be done for this to work? If anyone could please glean any information, shortcomings, issues, experience, suggestions, etc. with this type of setup, I would gratefully appreciate it.

Gratefully,

Aaron