[ckan-discuss] How to install extension?

Pabitra Dash pkdash_reena at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 00:30:44 BST 2013

I am very new to CKAN/Pylons. So have lot of questions. But for the time being here is one.

I am not sure what should happen when the following command is executed from the custom extension directory:

python setup.py develop

I was hoping that my custom extension will be listed under the "ckanext" folder along with the existing extension. But I don't see that happening.

I am also not sure how to test if the extension is working or not.

Thanks,
Pabitra