[ckan-discuss] How to install extension?

Hendrik Bunke bunke.hendrik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:10:57 BST 2013

--On 2013-07-01 18:30, Pabitra Dash wrote:
> I am not sure what should happen when the following command is
> executed from the custom extension directory:
>
> python setup.py develop
>
> I was hoping that my custom extension will be listed under the
> "ckanext" folder along with the existing extension. But I don't
> see that happening.

That's more related to Python than to CKAN. If you have used
the Python interpreter of the virtualenv (which you must, of
course) 'python setup develop' (you could also use 'pip install
-e <path/to/your/extension>') will install an .egg-link in the
site-packages directory of that interpreter (which is usually
<virtualenv>/lib/python2.7/site-packages). This is exactly
described in the
docs:http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-2.0/extensions.html#creating-ckan-extensions

regards
hendrik