[ckan-discuss] CKAN features

Loretta Davis rettadavis at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 06:50:43 BST 2013

Hi all,
I'm new to the list so apologies if this is covered elsewhere...pointers appreciated!
Our organisation is considering implementing CKAN and I'm currently collating information regarding technical features. I've checked the feature list on the website but found it contains general info and I'm after more technical info.
As I'm not a highly technical person, I'm hoping someone can to shed some light on the following:
Data ingest==========1. CKAN caters for single file ingest via a web interface. Will it also cater for directory hierarchies?2. How is large file I/O handled (> 10TB)?3. Does CKAN support the following: POSIX and NFS (native)? CIFS? DICOM?
Data harvest===========1. Does data harvest support the following:CSV?Relational Database?THREDDS?Arc Web-Map Service?HL7?
Yes/no answers are fine. :-)
If there's a technical-type person who might be willing to answer an additional 10 questions for me - please let me know and I will contact you offline.
Thanks in advance!Ret...