[ckan-discuss] Problem installing ckanext-spatial

Florence.Tan at csiro.au Florence.Tan at csiro.au
Tue Jul 2 09:37:56 BST 2013

Thanks Adrià.  Have uninstall and reinstall the ckanext-spatial package - this time using release-v2.0.

# pip install -e git+https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial.git@release-v2.0#egg=ckanext-spatial

And I guess pointing the the right pip-requirements.txt is important as well:

(pyenv) $ pip install -r /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckanext-spatial/pip-requirements.txt

I have more questions about the ckanext-spatial:

1) base on the README.rst (https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/blob/master/README.rst)
 - it mentioned "This extension contains plugins that add geospatial capabilities to CKAN. The following plugins are currently available:", I wonder if all these Spatial model, Spatial Search, Spatial Harvesters, Har......CSW Server would all be available by deploying the ckanext-spatial ?

2) I have added the following to ckan.plugins :
ckan.plugins = stats json_preview recline_preview datastore spatial_metadata spatial_query wms_preview
But when trying to access the CSW server, I'm getting 404 error.

http://127.0.0.1:5000/csw?request=GetCapabilities&service=CSW

3) Is there any guide on how to use CSW Server or Spatial Harvesters ?

Regards,
Florence