[ckan-discuss] "history" in new datahub.io/CKAN 2.0?

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Tue Jul 2 18:08:13 BST 2013

I don't think the last word has been said on history yet; for example,
sometimes the history page's ability to let you compare revisions can
be useful. So things may change here, but meantime, as you note, the
history page is still available at the URL /dataset/history/.....

Also, as you say, not all the history appears in the activity stream.
I'm not sure of the reason for this, but I think it's to do with edits
made before activity streams were implemented in CKAN. It looks like
most of the edits in that dataset are quite old.

Mark

On 02/07/2013, Dominik Moritz <dominik.moritz at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> it's not accessible from the UI because the new activity streams replaced
> the history tab. They are much easier to understand and offer a unified way
> to see what has happened for datasets, groups, users,...
>
> If you have your own CKAN instance, you can add the history tab in an
> extension.
>
> Cheers,
> Dominik
>

> On 2 Jul 2013, at 14:15, Timothy Lebo <lebot at rpi.edu> wrote:
>
>> ckan'ers,
>>
>> How does one get to http://datahub.io/dataset/history/bams from
>> http://datahub.io/dataset/bams using the new UI?
>>
>> In the old CKAN, it used to be by pressing the "history" tab.
>> In the new CKAN, there is an "Activity Steam" tab that doesn't show
>> anything.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tim

> Dominik Moritz
> CKAN developer  |  skype: d.moritz  |  @doobly_doo
> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> Empowering through Open Knowledge
> http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn  |  http://ckan.org  |  @CKANproject

Business development and user engagement manager