[ckan-discuss] datahub.io suggestion - spam entries

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jul 31 15:32:08 BST 2013

On 10 July 2013 10:38, Pearce, Matthew <
Matthew.Pearce at nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

> Hello****
>
> ** **
>
> I was having a look for some material on datahub.io and noticed a number
> of entries that are likely spam (e.g.1<http://datahub.io/dataset/acquiring_mba_program_exactly_what_is_really_gmat_and_so_why_do_anyone_will_need_the_high_status>
> e.g.2<http://datahub.io/dataset/totally_free_grant_money_for_college_scholarship>).
> This is just a piece of feedback from an infrequent user perspective. I
> would be more than happy to click a simple ‘flag for moderator’/’report
> spam’ button to reduce maintenance effort for the admins (a la
> stackexchange). However, I’m not clear what the best route is currently.

This is a good point. You can in fact mark items for deletion (see below)
but a simple mark as spam would be good.

> It appears there are two types of login which open up options: comments
> (DISQUS) and a site login. ****
>
> **·         **I noticed the DISQUS login option for comments. This has a
> ‘submit feedback’ option on the gear in the lower right (when logged in).
> But this feels more like a usability survey than a reporting channel.****
>
> **·         **The site account seems to open up editing options. However
> I don’t see a ‘flag for moderator’ option (or a delete button, which could
> be harsh).

If you are logged in and click edit on a dataset and you have relevant
rights you can delete (which moves it to trash). I think this is mainly
limited to admins at the moment (for obvious reasons).

**

> Hope this is somewhat useful

Really appreciated!

Rufus