[ckan-discuss] datahub.io suggestion - spam entries

Pearce, Matthew Matthew.Pearce at nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Jul 10 10:38:36 BST 2013

Hello

I was having a look for some material on datahub.io<http://datahub.io/> and noticed a number of entries that are likely spam (e.g.1<http://datahub.io/dataset/acquiring_mba_program_exactly_what_is_really_gmat_and_so_why_do_anyone_will_need_the_high_status> e.g.2<http://datahub.io/dataset/totally_free_grant_money_for_college_scholarship>).  This is just a piece of feedback from an infrequent user perspective. I would be more than happy to click a simple 'flag for moderator'/'report spam' button to reduce maintenance effort for the admins (a la stackexchange). However, I'm not clear what the best route is currently.

It appears there are two types of login which open up options: comments (DISQUS) and a site login.

*         I noticed the DISQUS login option for comments. This has a 'submit feedback' option on the gear in the lower right (when logged in). But this feels more like a usability survey than a reporting channel.

*         The site account seems to open up editing options. However I don't see a 'flag for moderator' option (or a delete button, which could be harsh).

Hope this is somewhat useful

Matthew Pearce
Standards Manager (Analyst)

The National Archives, Kew, Surrey, TW9 4DU
T: 0208 876 3444 ex: 2360

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.