[ckan-discuss] What objects should search match?

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Wed Jul 10 22:36:23 BST 2013

It's intuitive if you know for sure that you want an organisation but
aren't interested in groups or datasets, or whatever. Does that sound
like most users though? If I want to search for stuff about 'climate'
on this portal, should I need to know to go to all those separate
pages to look for relevant things to explore?

I don't think it's all that intuitive anyway - I still do things like
go to the Organizations page, type something in the search box and
then realise it was the wrong search box and I'm getting only dataset
results.

I wasn't proposing mixed listings, as I said.

Mark