[ckan-discuss] Despamming datahub

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 14:04:45 GMT 2013

Hi,

I've started de-spamming the datahub, there were *lots* of fake groups
created, and as there are some fairly easy heuristics in identifying them
(thanks hotmail) I've written a script that'll mark them all as deleted.

I'm only soft-deleting them (just in case) and unfortunately users don't
have that option so I've erred on the side of caution and temporarily left
them (until I can come up with a safer set of rules).

Would it be possible for someone to turn off group-creation until the
datahub gets migrated to 2.0?  I guess any urgently needed groups could
approach the list of ask in the meantime.

Ross