[ckan-discuss] Despamming datahub

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Tue Mar 19 10:26:46 GMT 2013

I'd also support some higher entry barrier for long-term deposits of
metadata or data.

In terms of being open - I think it is valuable to have a site which users
can access and upload data or links to straight away in order to see what
the possible features and benefits are. Maybe this could be some demo
feature - where such "experimental uploads" are deleted after several hours.

For groups and communities which are using / would like to use Datahub as
an actual portal and metadata repository, some user verification process
should not be a problem, it would not reduce openness in my opinion.

Velichka Dimitrova
Open Economics Project Coordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation
http://okfn.org | http://openeconomics.net