[ckan-discuss] CKAN Documentation Update Suggestion

Steven Livingstone Pérez weblivz at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 11 15:29:20 UTC 2013

Hi - I have recently installed CKAN from the package at
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/install-from-package.html
Mostly it went find but can I ran into issues with DataStore at http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/datastore.html. Can i suggest a couple of updates (not sure if i can join a wiki to update the doco directly?).
1. The crucial piece before "Set Permissions" is to enable your virtual environment - this had me googling around after a few failed attempts. Turns our there are instructions on another page of the site and it is worth highlighting "Virtualenv not activated, or not in ckan dir" in  http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/paster.html
2. The "Option 1: Paster command" needs to be modified to read "paster --plugin=ckan datastore ...."
best wishes,/steven at stevenlivz