[ckan-discuss] relationships between datasets

Jan Vansteenlandt jan at okfn.be
Mon Oct 7 18:07:18 BST 2013

Hi all,

I've been trying to create a relationship between two datasets, so far
using the documentation I haven't been able to do so.

I use this documentation page:
http://docs.ckan.org/ru/latest/legacy-api.html and my curl requests are of
this kind:

 curl -X PUT -v http://ckanhost/api/rest/dataset/UUID_1/linked_fromUUID_2 -d
'{"subject":"resource name", "object":"resource name",
"type":"linked_from", "comment":"this is a test relationship"}' -H
"Authorization: MY AUTH KEY"

If i use PUT I get a message that "This relationship between the packages
was not found." If I use POST it says "the inputfield id was not expected",
even though I havent passed an id field in my json ...  Any thoughts on
this?

--
Best regards,

Jan Vansteenlandt