[ckan-discuss] Is there a row limit of 1,000 for search requests?

Konrad Reiche konrad.reiche at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 00:52:43 BST 2013

Hi there,

I don't know if this is new or if I just haven't noticed it before, but
is there a limit of returned datasets when using the Search API?

I am using /3/action/package_search with pagination (rows + start).

I was able to pass a rows value of 100000. The number in
response['result']['count'] is correct, but when I count the number of
datasets in response['result']['results'] then there are never more
than 1,000.

I have observed this on the publicdata.eu and catalog.data.gov CKAN
instances. I would assume this is for security reasons so the API
endpoints are not overloaded?

Best,
Konrad