[ckan-discuss] Resource uploader

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Tue Jan 14 15:31:46 UTC 2014

Hello,

For some work we've done with the City of Montréal, we build a kind of
encapsulation of the CkanClient to provide simple functions to manage a
CKAN environment.

The primary target was to upload some resources (with corresponding
metadata) stored on a local directory, but overall the script is able to
manage groups and packages (create, delete, replicate from another
instance) and resources.

https://github.com/opennorth/ckanclientmtl

We've chosen an "external" script instead of a harvester to have a little
more scripting flexibility (e.g calling simple function in the order and
how we want to get a specific result).

Fell free to use, comment, improve :)

Steph