[ckan-discuss] Where do city and other governments store their CKAN data?

Antoine Logean antoine.logean at opendata.ch
Thu Mar 20 08:43:28 UTC 2014

Hi Mark,

Very good point. I also would be very interested to know better what are
the best alternatives to cover this operativ part of CKAN. In the company
(~10000 employees) where I work I have startet a pilot where we would like
to evaluate how we can use CKAN as intern data catalog. For us is it clear
that CKAN will ONLY contained meta data and so should remain a catalog. The
effectiv storage (with all the associated non functional requirements) of
the data is clearly done by other dedicated plateforms. For the moment our
CKAN instance is running in an intern cloud plateform on a virtual Linux
machine.

Look forward to the others answers.

Kind regards

Antoine

--

Opendata.ch - Enabling Open Government Data in Switzerland
Antoine Logean | Founding Board Member | Community & Communication FR