[ckan-discuss] datastore size limit?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Mar 26 19:24:25 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, 26 March 2014, Toby Ealden <toby.ealden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can nobody help with this? Am I missing something obvious?

Sorry for delay here - one of the things we're trying to improve is the
helpdesk route for people like yourself :-)

> On 25 March 2014 17:48, Toby Ealden <toby.ealden at gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','toby.ealden at gmail.com');>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Is there a size limit restriction on resources added to the datastore.
>>
>> I have successfully set up a CKAN instance with the datastore enabled.
>>
>> I have the following scenario:
>>
>> - I add a 275KB CSV dataset to my CKAN instance through the web interface.
>> - I can successfully perform a datastore_search on this dataset
>> - I add a 25MB CSV dataset
>> - When I try and access the datastore using the resource ID I get
>> 'resource not found'

I don't believe there is any datastore size limit. I'd really need a bit
more debug info. An immediate suggestion is chunk the upload of your 25 MB
CSV to avoid any risk that you're just encountering a webserver timeout on
the request.

Rufus

--

*Rufus PollockFounder and CEO | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock