[ckan-discuss] Completing migration of ckan-discuss to a Google Group

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon May 19 10:58:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

If something was discussed in late 2012 I'm not sure how relevant is
that discussion any more right now.

My main objection, apart from changing something that is working, is
the need for a Google account to interact with this communication
channel.

Logged in with a Google account I can "Apply to join the group", if I
log out that option disappears.
The only requirement for posting to the mailing list is subscribing
with a valid email address.

Will this mean that all current subscribers to ckan-discuss will
automatically join the Google Group? I strongly suspect that there are
far more current users in ckan-discuss that on the google group so
perhaps it makes sense to do the merge the other way around?

Adrià