[CKAN-support] WG: Public/Private status in CKAN - AW: Our Order No 4524176 - Support CKAN

Gavin Chait gavin.chait at okfn.org
Tue Apr 2 06:30:24 UTC 2013

My apologies Robert,

This was certainly discussed and extremely sorry that it appears we didn’t communicate the results back to you.

The public/private toggle was experimented with in 1.7.1 but was not implemented until the latest 2.0 beta. We would recommend upgrading to 2.0 to access these, and other new enhancements, unless you have compelling reasons to remain with 1.7.1.  Custom extensions would need to be tested and 2.0 does have an entirely new template structure  as well.

Upgrading and testing would take about a week, and we would also need a new template. Implementing the public/private functionality in 1.7.1 would take longer as our developers are no longer familiar with that version code structure.

Would it be worthwhile setting up a meeting to discuss the differences in 2.0 and the implications of an upgrade?

Regards

Gavin

  _____

Gavin Chait | Head of Services | Open Knowledge Foundation