[CKAN-support] deployment options

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Thu Dec 5 11:26:41 UTC 2013

Hi George,

The difference with deploying just "Apache", and "Apache and Nginx" is that
Nginx can act as a caching frontend reducing the load to Apache. The
default Nginx config we provide in the package and documentation is set to
cache correctly too.

There are a few steps to debugging the problems here:
* Watch Apache and Nginx error logs and access logs simultaneously and hit
the server with a request to see which server is throwing the 404.
* If the request doesn't reach Apache, do you have the "default" Nginx
config in /etc/sites-enabled/ ? Try disabling that (Let me know if that
works, the instructions may need an update if that's the case.
* Check what happens when you visit localhost:8080 (that's Apache
directly). Does that work?

Nigel Babu

Developer  |  @nigelbabu <https://twitter.com/nigelbabu>

Empowering through Open Knowledge