[CKAN-support] [Open Knowledge Foundation] Update: Changing a Registry ID

Nigel Babu notifications-support at okfn.zendesk.com
Fri Apr 11 10:50:16 UTC 2014

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

[Open Knowledge Foundation] Update: Changing a Registry ID

You are registered as a CC on this support request (397). Reply to this email to add a comment to the request.

Nigel Babu, Apr 11 11:50

Hi Steven,

This is the rule for adding or updating new files. This names are then stored against it permanently. An update in the Registry ID does not trickle down to the file names. The ownership of a file in a Registry is done separately from the names. This behaviour is intended.

If you wish to change the name in all the files, you will need to run a script to make the changes. Remember, this will cause all URLs to the old files to 404.

Nigel.

Steven Flower, Apr 08 15:29

Hi

I wanted to test how we should change a Registry ID, as the Australian
government are soon to rename their whole operation.

It would be important to keep associating this with their current / old
publication, so that we can access the history - rather than delete one
account and start a brand new one

So:

- I went to staging and the existing org - Registry ID ausaid:

http://iati2.staging.ckanhosted.com/publisher/ausaid

This had 115 datasets, such as

http://iati2.staging.ckanhosted.com/dataset/ausaid-ws

I then edited the Registry ID to:

http://iati2.staging.ckanhosted.com/publisher/ausaid2

Somehow, all the packages from ausaid remained "under" this

I then uploaded a CSV file, with three files for ausaid2.

This resulted in 118 files in total, including two for the example (Samoa)

http://iati2.staging.ckanhosted.com/publisher/02c1b7f7-dba3-4627-ab93-9b8ea7f4e01b?country=Samoa

Is this as expected?

I would have thought that the moment we changed the Registry ID we would
have "orphaned" the original 115 files, but this doesnt seem to be the
case.  The rule, however, is that a datset must be "registryid-packagename"?

Thanks

Steven

This email is a service from Open Knowledge Foundation.

[17F7-E4KR]