[CKAN-support] Request received: Possible security weakness?

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Aug 27 01:27:42 UTC 2014

Further to my previous message, it seems that if testmember is a member of a group, and that group contains private datasets, then testmember can see the private datatsets via a featured group.  If I remove testmember from the group, then they no longer see the private datasets of that group.

Group membership should not be conveying rights to see private datasets exist, that should be governed only by Organisation membership.

Aaron