[CKAN-support] Request received: Possible security weakness?

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Aug 27 01:39:24 UTC 2014

Another twist re groups:

Testmember used to be a member of group ‘Fungi and Bacteria’, but as Sysadmin I removed them.  However when Testmember goes to their ‘MyGroups’ tab, it shows them as members of ‘Fungi and Bacteria’(amongst others I have removed them from).

If testmember opens a dataset, goes to the groups tab, then they are still offered the choice of groups they are no longer members of to add a dataset too.  When they try to complete the adding of the dataset to a group they no longer belong to it fails (Server Error).

Once removed from a group membership they should no longer see that group on their My Groups dashboard tab, nor should they be offered that group as one they can add a dataset too.

Cheers
Aaron