[datacatalogs] Knight News Challenge proposal for free *KAN based data catalog solution for local government

Andrew Hoppin andrew.hoppin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 19:01:50 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

FYI we submitted a proposal yesterday to the Knight News Challenge to
deliver a data catalogs as a free hosted service for local
governments, based on the Drupal-based "DKAN" variant of CKAN:

https://www.newschallenge.org/open/open-government/submission/hosted-open-data-portals-for-local-governments/

We think this has potential to rapidly cause an explosion of local
government data to become published and discoverable online in a
sustainable standards-compliant manner.   We will be continuing to
refine the proposal and would love to have feedback on it.

Best,
Andrew

@ahoppin
http://nuams.com