[datacatalogs] Status of data catalog metadata standards

Rebecca Williams rwilliams at sunlightfoundation.com
Fri Jan 24 22:46:40 UTC 2014

   - NY state adheres to the main components of the Dublin
Core<http://www.dublincore.org/documents/dces/?1390602953763>,
   see:
   http://nys-its.github.io/open-data-handbook/metadata.html?1390602883957
   - Socrata folks had mentioned to me off hand after applying the POD
   schema to their portals that they might include different metadata schemas
   in the future as options -- I'm not sure where this stands now
   - T Levine's gatehred metadata might be helpful at seeing emergent
   trends: https://github.com/tlevine/open-data

Policy Analyst | Sunlight Foundation <http://www.sunlightfoundation.com/>
(c) 413-387-8268 | @internetrebecca <http://www.twitter.com/internetrebecca>