[ddj] Anyone know successful examples of business models for data journalism?

Ted Han ted at knowtheory.net
Thu Nov 17 20:16:32 UTC 2011

Hey Michael,

I'd also encourage you to join the National Institute for Computer Assisted Reporting's mailing list as well (see: http://www.ire.org/membership/subscribe/nicar-l.html ).  There are a lot of investigative reporters with decades of experience FOIAing information, as well as news apps developers who deal with pulling together data sets to visualize or otherwise inform the public.

Liliana, i'd also add that Investigative Reporters and Editors does run a service where we will do data analysis for journalism organizations.  So, although we are a non-profit organization, we do sell our data services and the data sets we collect (and have done so for quite a number of years, although i'd have to ask exactly how many years).

--
Ted Han
@knowtheory (http://twitter.com/knowtheory)