[ddj] Anyone know successful examples of business models for data journalism?

Clément Renaud clement.renaud at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:11:03 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

I am Clement Renaud, a french journalist / coder / researcher based in
Shanghai, China.
I am now leading a startup focused on datavis and open licences which
will host several research groups around the idea of Sharism
http://lab.sharism.org
We are based in China and intend to spread the idea of datajournalism
there, through education (online courses, workshops...) and services.

I have been recently investigating several business models of datavis
and datajournalism startups. I will be glad to contribute to the book
in providing some research and writing regarding to this topic

You can read a short post I wrote about OWNI (French
media+datajournalism) business model on my blog a few weeks before.
http://www.clemsos.com/blog/2011/09/about-owni-and-its-business-model/

Tell me how I should proceed to contribute

Have a good day
--
Clément Renaud

web editor, Shanghai