[ddj] Fwd: Job opening for Analytic Journalist/Researcher
bounegru at ejc.net
Mon Oct 24 09:26:58 UTC 2011
This might be interesting to those of you who are based in the United
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Johnson <tom at jtjohnson.com>
Date: 22 October 2011 01:36
Subject: [NICAR-L] Job opening for Analytic Journalist/Researcher
To: NICAR-L at po.missouri.edu
FYI, folks. Please feel free to circulate widely.
Job Title Editorial Research Specialist
Reports to: Managing Editor
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Editorial Research Specialist
Bankrate.com is seeking an economics or data-driven journalist adept at
sifting through information to identify statistics for inclusion in
editorial content and to complement other site content. The job will
include analyzing Bankrate.com’s proprietary rate statistics to ideate and
originate fresh interactive data content relevant to consumers, other media
and government entities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter
experienced with computer-assisted reporting and comfortable digging deep
into statistical information to cull nuggets of relevant information to be
displayed in charts, tables and graphs.
- Identify statistics for the creation of a regular series of interactive
data charts. Write accompanying explanatory text for each chart.
- Scan and dig deep for data points originating from Bankrate Pro and
other credible sources relevant to Bankrate content, such as public records,
RealtyTrac, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Federal Reserve reports, Census
- Work closely with editorial team to identify IDC ideas for content.
- Ideate and write content for charts, maps, diagrams, tables and graphs
to used in content and as content standalones.
- Research other multimedia content such as galleries, calculators, video
- Curate editorial content to identify relevant Bankrate content for new
products, partner needs and breaking news.
- Experience manipulating database information into graphics.
- Adept at data visualization and working with statistics.
- Data-driven journalist experienced with computer-assisted reporting.
- Online reporting or online editing experience.
- Educated in economics, business.
- 2-3 years experience in online media.
E-mail resume to: jbandy at bankrate.com
<jbandy at bankrate.com>
The Bankrate network of companies includes
, Interest.com <http://www.interest.com/>,
Nationwide Card Services <http://www.nationwidecardservices.com/>, Fee
Disclosure <http://www.feedisclosure.com/>, InsureMe<http://www.insureme.com/>,
CreditCards.com <http://www.creditcards.com/> and
Each of these businesses helps consumers to make informed decisions about
their personal finance matters. The company’s flagship brand, Bankrate.com,
is a destination site of personal finance channels, including banking,
investing, taxes, debt management and college finance.
J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
http://www.jtjohnson.com tom at jtjohnson.com
unsubscribe from NICAR-L, please send "unsubscribe NICAR-L" in the body of
an e-mail message to "listserv at lists.missouri.edu". Please e-mail
listmaster at ire.org if you need help or have questions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the data-driven-journalism