[ddj] Visiting RegioHack

Jerry Vermanen jerryvermanen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:00:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

Maybe you've heard about my data journalism project, called RegioHack. In
short, it's a hackathon (30 hours on november 10 and 11) in the Dutch city
of Enschede. We're exploring data driven journalism with local news
subjects. It's a initiative from two Dutch regional newspapers, de Stentor
and TC Tubantia (both of publisher Wegener).

We have our own website - www.regiohack.nl - but for all none-Dutchies, here's
a blog in English<http://onlinejournalismblog.com/2011/09/20/dutch-regional-newspapers-launch-data-journalism-project-regiohack/>
.

If you're interested in visiting RegioHack, you can come along on Thursday
10 november at 13:30 and/or 21:30. If you're interested, let us know by
filling out this
form<http://www.regiohack.nl/hackaton-evenement/wil-jij-regiohack-bezoeken-op-10-en-11-november/>
.

Afterwards, we'll be posting our findings on our website. And during the
event, we'll be liveblogging our struggle against data and sleep. ;)

--

Groet,

Jerry Vermanen
+31 (0)6 29 467 648