[ddj] self-education python study group anyone?

Lorenz Matzat matzat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 13:26:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

since everyone here seems to be into learning about databases, I wonder
if somebody is interested in learning Python in a self-organized way, too?

What is the plan? We meet once a week online in the evening to study
together.

The Peer-to-Peer-University platform will be used for self-education
Python course starting on November 1st, 2011.

The course is self-organized and thus free. But its very important you
are motivated to learn together with others and be an engaging member of
the group.

Every week we decide on how much exercices out of the course book
"Learning Python the hard way"  we are going to work on the coming week.
( http://learnpythonthehardway.org/ The html-version of the book is for
free; pdf/ePub avaible for 3 USD.)

Sign-up - press “Participate” on the left of the screen.
http://p2pu.org/en/groups/python-for-journalists-20112012/content/start-1st-of-november/

Read this about Why Journalists Should Learn Computer Programming
http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2010/06/why-journalists-should-learn-computer-programming153.html

This is about how to install Python on your computer.
http://diveintopython.org/installing_python/

Best,

Lorenz