[ddj] self-education python study group anyone?

Momoko Price momoko at buzzdata.com
Thu Sep 22 13:51:53 UTC 2011

Hi Lorenz,

I've already started teaching myself Python and will organizing a Python
learning group for journalists through Hacks/Hackers Toronto with our first
meetup this Saturday, so yes, I'd love to participate with the P2PU course
and will let the others who attend know about this, too.

Signing up right now!

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Lorenz Matzat <matzat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since everyone here seems to be into learning about databases, I wonder
> if somebody is interested in learning Python in a self-organized way, too?
>
> What is the plan? We meet once a week online in the evening to study
> together.
>
> The Peer-to-Peer-University platform will be used for self-education
> Python course starting on November 1st, 2011.
>
> The course is self-organized and thus free. But its very important you
> are motivated to learn together with others and be an engaging member of
> the group.
>
> Every week we decide on how much exercices out of the course book
> "Learning Python the hard way"  we are going to work on the coming week.
> ( http://learnpythonthehardway.org/ The html-version of the book is for
> free; pdf/ePub avaible for 3 USD.)
>
> Sign-up - press “Participate” on the left of the screen.
>
> http://p2pu.org/en/groups/python-for-journalists-20112012/content/start-1st-of-november/
>
> Read this about Why Journalists Should Learn Computer Programming
>
> http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2010/06/why-journalists-should-learn-computer-programming153.html
>
> This is about how to install Python on your computer.
> http://diveintopython.org/installing_python/
>
> Best,
>
> Lorenz

Momoko Price